New Release Review : Strong Enough by Melanie Harlow & David Romanov


From USA Today bestselling author Melanie Harlow and David Romanov, comes an all new sexy and emotional MM standalone romance.

I wasn’t looking for Derek Wolfe.

I wasn’t looking for anybody. All I wanted was to start a new life in America. But when I found myself stranded here with no place to go, he came to my rescue, offering me a place to stay.

He’s smart, successful, and sexy as hell—I can barely sleep knowing he’s right down the hall. And when the chemistry between us explodes one night with fierce, fiery passion, it’s hard to deny there’s something real there.

But he does.

He says he was drunk. He says it was a one-time thing. He says he’s not into guys and what we did meant nothing.

He’s lying. Because it happened again, and again, and again. And it’s better every time.

I know we could be good together, and I want the chance to try, but I’m done hiding. If he’s not strong enough to admit the truth, I’ll have to be strong enough to walk away.



Passion. Desire. Fear. Truth.
This novel was absolutely stunning.
I couldn’t put it down. I had trouble trying to pace myself and not devour it in one sitting, because I also wanted to be sure to savor each word. I can say without any hesitation that this is one of my top reads of the year.

I didn’t know what to expect from David Romanov. I’m always hesitant when I see cover models dive into the world of writing. But it’s clear Romanov has some literary talent that has been waiting to be explored. Nearly four years after discovering Melanie Harlow, and I still get wow’d by her work with each new release . This is so different from anything else she’s ever done. However, it still contains all of the wonderful components of Harlow’s stories, but the M/M romance really takes it to a whole other level. I really loved this writer duo, and I hope they continue to work together in the future.

The characters were distinguishable enough, yet the flow from one chapter to the next was seamless. This was quite an emotional story and the messages within it were so powerful. The connection between Derek and Maxim was unlike anything I’ve ever read. They had something special, rare, and incredibly intense. I teared up from the passion that was deeply engrained in every one of their words. This story felt so authentic to the characters and their backgrounds. They didn’t have an easy journey, but they helped each other find themselves. They showed each other a world that could be, and give in to truth.

STRONG ENOUGH is an M/M romance with a great deal of heart. Now I now M/M isn’t for everyone, but I think this particular story can reach and capture the hearts of many new M/M readers. Steady pacing, the right amount of angst, and sensual scenes… This book is unforgettable!








Melanie Harlow likes her martinis dry, her heels high, and her history with the naughty bits left in. She writes contemporary and historical romance from her home near Detroit, MI.

For David Romanov, STRONG ENOUGH is to a great extent autobiographical. Born in Russia and raised in Europe, he landed in the United States at the age of 24, where he learned a lot about cultural differences between East and West. David firmly believes in ‘The One’ and learning through love. When he isn’t traveling or educating Melanie in Russian culture, he enjoys books and the company of his husband and dog in Los Angeles.



Comments