A MUST READ! - Review | Say You'll Stay by Corinne Michaels



Title: Say You’ll Stay
Author: Corinne Michaels
Release Date: June 20, 2016
Genre: Contemporary Romance



One word.
Stay.

It was all he had to do. Instead, he got on that bus and took my heart with him.

That was seventeen years ago.

I moved on. Marriage. Kids. White picket fence. Everything I ever wanted, but my husband betrayed me and I was left once again.

Alone, penniless, and with two boys, I had no choice but to return to Tennessee. He wasn’t supposed to be there. I should’ve been safe. However, fate has a way of stepping in.

This time around, the tables are turned. It’s my decision. Second chances do exist, but I don’t know if we can repair what’s already been broken . . .


** This book is a STANDALONE **






“Hey.” Zach peers at me as I shake off my thoughts. “I figured you’d be asleep.” He climbs the steps slowly as I get to my feet.
“I figured you’d be gone.”
I walk toward him, unsure of why he’s here. “I left for a bit, but wanted to come check on you.”
“Oh.”
He snickers. “I couldn’t sleep.”
“Me either.” He’s close enough that I can smell his cologne. Even after a long night, being in the woods, he smells like home.
I take another step.
Then another.
I’m so close I have to tilt my head to look into his eyes.
I breathe him in, feel his heat, and I can’t stop myself. I want him. I need him. I grip his neck and yank his mouth to mine. I kiss him. I kiss him and give in to everything I’ve been feeling. He doesn’t waste a second. His arms wrap around me, holding my body against his. My fingers grip his neck, keeping him exactly where I need him. This kiss is frantic, but God it feels good.






I gave myself over to this book willingly and wholeheartedly. Corinne Michaels’ is known to write some phenomenal stories that really gut you and give you some serious feels. Yet, I still wasn’t prepared for this glorious book. 

A small town, second chance romance that will leave your heart full of love and hope. Presley was a compelling character all on her own. We start on her journey with a shocking event and it effortlessly bonds the reader with the heroine. The constant challenges Presley faced were debilitating and heartbreaking. With them, her strength and determination shone through. 

Zachary Hennington was an absolute stud. He was a real charming, southern man who stole my heart before I even met him. He’s history with Presley was passionate and intense to say the least. But they had an immense amount of hurt, loss, and disappointment between them. Things that made their love lives difficult to move forward no matter who came after them. They had a special and rare kind of love that is unbeatable. 

Every kind of tearing up happened whilst I read this. From watery eyes to full on sobs, I was able to feel every emotion that Presley was feeling. The anger, the grief, the confusion… it all plagued her and in turn, me, as I read through the story.

Corinne Michaels is a gorgeous story weaver that never fails at creating a powerfully emotional novel. I highly recommend picking up this breathtaking book!


I’m eager to see what adventure Wyatt’s book takes us on. This is going to be another incredible series from Michaels. 








Corinne Michaels is the USA Today and Wall Street Journal Bestselling author of The Salvation Series (Beloved, Beholden, Consolation, Conviction & Defenseless). She's an emotional, witty, sarcastic, and fun loving mom of two beautiful children. Corinne is happily married to the man of her dreams and is a former Navy wife. After spending months away from her husband while he was deployed, reading and writing was her escape from the loneliness.
Both her maternal and paternal grandmothers were librarians, which only intensified her love of reading. After years of writing short stories, she couldn't ignore the call to finish her debut novel, Beloved. Her alpha heroes are broken, beautiful, and will steal your heart.













-Posted and Reviewed by-

-Zandalee-


Comments