New Release Favorite ☆ Last Call by Staci Hart +Review

Last Call BannerLast Call Ebook

Once Rose Fisher makes a decision, that’s it. End of story.
Like when her ex, Patrick, dumped her out of the blue, then showed up with a super hot, tatted up sex kitten on his arm. Then it was over for good. The end. Poof. Dead to her. Except he was everywhere — down the hall, at the bar with their friends, worming his way into her dreams.
But with their friends paired off, they’re left alone more and more. Rose is determined to keep him friendzoned — doesn’t matter that he stares at her with a smolder that drops all panties in a ten foot radius. She’s over him, and she’ll prove it by getting back into the dating game, Patrick be damned.
Patrick Evans is no stranger to consequences. When your mother walks out, your dad drifts away. When you leave home, you’re on your own. And when you run away from the girl you love, you lose her. He finally has an opportunity to rebuild the bridge he burned, and it’s not one he’ll take for granted. But he’ll have to fight for her, even if it hurts. Even if it means he’ll walk away brokenhearted. Because deep down, he knows that she’s it for him.
The trick will be to get her to admit she feels it too.
Last Call Teaser

I am thrilled I gave this series and author a chance. The Bad Habits series has proven to be laugh out loud funny through and through. Just what I need in my sea of—more often than not—serious romance novels.

Few times can I actually imagine romance novels happening to me. But this book contained everything I could ask for and it was all so relatable for me. The connection the friends all share with one another, the routine of meeting up at Habits for a drink often, etc. This series’ foundation is friendship, and that is always something I love immersing myself in. 

The characters are young and they don’t have their stuff together. One, Tricky, in the emotional sense, and the other, Rose, in the career sense. They each have flaws and those flaws are what stand in their own way of each other.

Staci Hart did not make this easy. But then again, what relationship is easy? Tricky and Rose had to work hard to be with each other. But essentially, as cheesy as it sounds, they had to work at loving and accepting themselves first. It was difficult reading those darker parts where Tricky regretted and doubt with every fiber of his being. It took time for him to find his self-worth and be willing to let someone else in wholeheartedly. 

Despite having a sexual past already, this was most definitely a slow burn. And the inevitable explosion was insanely hot. 

Don’t assume it’s all unicorns and rainbows though. There are some deep and intense moments. Moments that will have you cringing in pain and sympathy.
But there were equal parts positive to lessen the strain on your heart, as well. 
I got some serious feels from this book.

There were endless laughs throughout the book. I actually had to stop and update my Goodreads process in the book which I never do. I highlighted and bookmarked the crap out of the book too.
One character that was introduced was Ellie, Rose’s cousin. She tended to be the reason for my pauses. She was hilarious to say the least. I couldn’t get enough of her zingers, and I truly hope we see a book about her. I don’t think she’s ready to shut up just yet. 

I’m going to miss the Habits crew so much. It’s like saying bye to my own friends. I encourage you to give this whole series a go. Each book is fun and entertaining with just the right amount of seriousness. These are the kind of books you’re going to want to re-read for years to come.
And despite each being a stand alone, reading them in order will give you an even deeper understanding of Tricky and Rose’s rocky relationship once you get to their book.

I have my heart set on a book for Ellie, but whatever Staci Hart writes next, I’ll be reading! 

 


WAT

Chaser




Last Call Teaser 2

Staci has been a lot of things up to this point in her life -- a graphic designer, an entrepreneur, a seamstress, a clothing and handbag designer, a waitress. Can't forget that. She's also been a mom; she has three little girls who are sure to grow up to break a number of hearts. She's been a wife; even though she's certainly not the cleanest, or the best cook. She's also super, duper fun at a party, especially if she's been drinking whiskey. Her favorite word starts with f and ends with k.
From roots in Houston, to a seven year stint in Southern California, Staci and her family ended up settling somewhere in between and equally north, in Denver. They are new enough that snow is still magical. When she's not writing, she's sleeping, gaming, or designing graphics.
Website ❤︎ Facebook ❤︎ Twitter
Hosted By:
Logo PNG (1)

Comments