Book Review ✭ Manwhore +1 by Katy Evans




Title: Manwhore +1
Author: Katy Evans
Publication date: July 7, 2015
              by Gallery Books
Genres: Contemporary, Romance, Erotica, Fiction
Format: Paperback
Pages: 336
Source:



Billionaire playboy? Check.
Ruthless businessman? Check.
Absolutely sinful? Check.

Malcolm Saint was an assignment. A story. A beautiful, difficult man I was supposed to uncover for a racy exposé.

I intended to reveal him, his secrets, his lifestyle—not let him reveal me. But my head was overtaken by my heart and suddenly nothing could stop me from falling. I fell for him, and I fell hard.

Malcolm Saint is absolute Sin, and I’ve become a hopeless Sinner.

Now that the assignment is over, Saint wants something from me—something unexpected—and I want this wicked playboy’s heart. But how can I prove to the man who trusts no one that I’m worthy of becoming his plus one?


After Manwhore’s gut-churning cliffhanger, I felt as if I was sitting on pins and needles as I waited for the release of the sequel. Rachel dropped a bomb on Malcolm and his heart, which led their relationship to an abrupt end. 

I prepared myself for the colossal levels of angst and sensuality I read about in book one, but I was surprised to see a lacking of both those qualities. That’s not to say that I hated it, it just didn’t deliver on the sparks I was expecting.
Malcolm and Rachel’s relationship had crumbled suddenly after her co-worker released an article that outed Rachel’s exposé on him. He was left feeling betrayed and she was gutted over ruining the trust he offered her.

It quickly became apparent that this book was going to really feature the depths of the characters individually and as a couple. In a way, it came off as quite a mature romance without much fluff and drama that I’m used to seeing in this genre. This book focuses on the slow rebuilding of their overall relationship. There just wasn’t much time, nor necessity for heavy drama.
As much as I wanted to see them get their happily ever after quickly, I actually thoroughly enjoyed the slow pacing of their tense interactions. It was almost as if these two were meeting for the first time and really getting to know one another on a deeper level than that of the physical.

There were some sections of the book that dragged on, and I found it hard to keep myself glued to the story. Then all of a sudden, Malcolm Saint would be his usual charming, swoon-worthy self and deliver a heart pounding line. Malcolm’s words really stole the show for me.

Malcolm showed a slight view of his vulnerable side in the first book, but his vulnerability really had a spotlight in this book. Malcolm still shamelessly revealed his protectiveness toward Rachel which was endearing. He never stopped caring and looking out for her even when she told him she had it under control. When issues arose, they would talk them out and decide on a solution together which blew me away.

I still saw a resounding amount of self-doubt within Rachel. She still let herself drown in a myriad of insecurities, however I did see a bit more openness in her in comparison to before. She also had a more supportive unit surrounding her which allowed for her to express her feelings.
A problem I had with the first book, despite my utter adoration for it overall, was Rachel’s unsupportive and constantly negative best friend, Gina. This time around the friends of both Rachel and Malcolm did a fine job of being there for them when needed.
Did I experience the same excitement and joy while reading this follow-up? No, not really. 
Was it still a well-written book with interesting characters? No doubt.
Is this a story that will stay in my heart and mind (and bookshelf)? Absolutely!

While I may not have been enraptured with Manwhore +1 like I was with it’s predecessor, I still highly enjoyed this sequel. I’m so happy I don’t have to say goodbye to these characters just yet. I’m anxious to read Ms. Manwhore, the final piece of Malcolm and Rachel’s story, releasing October 5, 2015.


Manwhore

Publication date: March 24, 2015

Is it possible to expose Chicago’s hottest player—without getting played?

This is the story I've been waiting for all my life, and its name is Malcolm Kyle Preston Logan Saint. Don’t be fooled by that last name though. There’s nothing holy about the man except the hell his parties raise. The hottest entrepreneur Chicago has ever known, he’s a man’s man with too much money to spend and too many women vying for his attention.

Mysterious. Privileged. Legendary. His entire life he’s been surrounded by the press as they dig for tidbits to see if his fairytale life is for real or all mirrors and social media lies. Since he hit the scene, his secrets have been his and his alone to keep. And that’s where I come in.

Assigned to investigate Saint and reveal his elusive personality, I’m determined to make him the story that will change my career.

But I never imagined he would change my life. Bit by bit, I start to wonder if I'm the one discovering him...or if he's uncovering me.

What happens when the man they call Saint, makes you want to sin?
Ms. Manwhore

Publication date: October 5th

Katy Evans returns with a sexy novella, the final installment of the unforgettable love story that began in MANWHORE.
What lies ahead for Chicago's most envied couple, Malcolm Saint and Rachel Livingston?

Sparks flew between them in MANWHORE.

Separated by deception, the intensity and heat of their attraction turned up in MANWHORE +1.

Will Chicago's wealthiest and most notorious player finally settle down, or will one woman never be enough?

Find out in MS. MANWHORE, the ultimate conclusion to their electric, breathtaking story.
 


Hey! I’m Katy Evans and I love family, books, life, and love. I’m married with two children and three dogs and spend my time baking, walking, writing, reading, and taking care of my family. Thank you for spending your time with me and picking up my story. I hope you had an amazing time with it, like I did. If you’d like to know more about books in progress, look me up on the Internet, I’d love to hear from you!
Website ✧ Facebook ✧ Twitter ✧ Goodreads

Email: authorkatyevans@gmail.com


Comments