Book Review ✭ Thoughtful (Thoughtless #1.5) by S.C. Stephens


Genre: New Adult
Publication Date: February 24, 2015
Publisher: Forever (Grand Central Publishing)
Source: eARC via NetGalley

Every story has two sides, and in this new book, the epic love story between Kiera and Kellan is shown through his eyes. 

All Kellan Kyle needs is his guitar, and some clean sheets of paper. Growing up in a house that was far from a home, he learned a hard lesson: You're worthless. Now his life is comfortably filled with passionate music, loyal band mates, and fast women...until he meets her. 

Kiera makes him ache for more. Makes him feel for the first time that he's worth more. But there's one problem - she's his best friend's girl. 

Just when Kellan thought his emotional defenses were rock solid, Kiera's indecisive heart wreaks havoc on his soul, changing him forever. Losing Kiera is not an option. 


❝ I never should have wanted something that wasn't mine.❞

I need to start this review off with a confession. I’ve never read the Thoughtless series. 
*runs away to hide* 


…5 minutes later… 

*Checks if it’s safe, then comes back out*

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve always wanted to read the books and I actually started the first chapter or so of Thoughtless once upon a time. I even met S.C. Stephens and got paperbacks signed way back when I first started reading romance novels. For some reason though, I just couldn’t find the right moment to start them. I am now by the way, because how can I stay away after meeting the infamous Kellan Kyle.

Seeing as this is my first experience with the series, I clearly won’t be comparing Thoughtless and Thoughtful at all. Thoughtful will be reviewed as a singular book.
I know what all the fuss is about now and I’m sorry I didn’t meet Kellan sooner. He has certainly lived up to all the hype and my personal expectations.
I was familiar with the basic storyline going in, but I could never have been prepared for this difficult story. 
I laughed and smiled, and I felt my heart warm at the chemistry and intense connection between Kellan and Kiera right from the start. Yet at the same time, I struggled with the cheating that was happening. It might not have been physical cheating every time, but rather emotional and mental. In some ways, that form of cheating may be worse. Giving someone your body is one thing, but handing them your heart is something entirely different. It’s a whole new level of betrayal. And that is what occurred between Kellan and Kiera.
Was it intentional? Absolutely not. After all, you can’t help who you fall in love with or when you fall in love with them. For these reasons, my heart and mind were in constant turmoil while reading this book. I wanted them to be together, but I also didn’t want to see D
enny (Kiera's boyfriend) suffer. He was an absolute stud muffin and sweetheart, but he just wasn’t right for Kiera. 

❝ I don’t want to feel guilty about something that makes me feel so…whole.

All of these things I was feeling were exactly what Kellan and Kiera were struggling with as well. I felt both their despair and lust pushing their way off the pages. 
Their relationship is one you have to read and experience to fully understand the power behind it. While their physical interactions were sensual, it was their words to one another and little bouts of kindness that really enraptured my heart.

This story, as I’m sure the rest of the series, is going to hold a special place in my heart for eternity. It’s emotional, heartbreaking, beautiful and gripping from beginning to end. 
THOUGHTLESS SERIES
#1 - Thoughtless: Amazon US * Amazon UK
#1.5 - Thoughtful: Amazon US * Amazon UK
#2 - Effortless: Amazon US * Amazon UK
#3 - Reckless: Amazon US * Amazon UK
#4 - Untamed: Amazon US * Amazon UK (Nov 3)
S.C. Stephens is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author who enjoys spending every free moment she has creating stories that are packed with emotion and heavy on romance. 

Her debut novel, Thoughtless, an angst-filled love triangle charged with insurmountable passion and the unforgettable Kellan Kyle, took the literary world by storm. Amazed and surprised by the response to the release of Thoughtless in 2009, more stories were quick to follow. Stephens has been writing nonstop ever since.

In addition to writing, Stephens enjoys spending lazy afternoons in the sun reading fabulous novels, loading up her iPod with writer's block reducing music, heading out to the movies, and spending quality time with her friends and family. She currently resides in the beautiful Pacific Northwest with her two equally beautiful children.


Website ✧ Facebook ✧ Twitter ✧ Goodreads

Comments