Book Review ✭ Manwhore by Katy Evans



Title: Manwhore
Author: Katy Evans

Publication date: March 24, 2015
              by Gallery Books
Genres: Contemporary, Erotica, Romance, Fiction
Format: eARC via NetGalley
Is it possible to expose Chicago’s hottest player—without getting played?

This is the story I've been waiting for all my life, and its name is Malcolm Kyle Preston Logan Saint. Don’t be fooled by that last name though. There’s nothing holy about the man except the hell his parties raise. The hottest entrepreneur Chicago has ever known, he’s a man’s man with too much money to spend and too many women vying for his attention.

Mysterious. Privileged. Legendary. His entire life he’s been surrounded by the press as they dig for tidbits to see if his fairytale life is for real or all mirrors and social media lies. Since he hit the scene, his secrets have been his and his alone to keep. And that’s where I come in.

Assigned to investigate Saint and reveal his elusive personality, I’m determined to make him the story that will change my career.

But I never imagined he would change my life. Bit by bit, I start to wonder if I'm the one discovering him...or if he's uncovering me.

What happens when the man they call Saint, makes you want to sin?

Few times has a male character taken my breath away. Even fewer times has one managed to outshine all other characters, including the leading lady. Malcolm Saint is both saintly and sinful!

The title and cover instantly caught my attention (and being written by Katy Evans didn’t hurt either). With a title like that, who couldn’t be intrigued? 
The blurb informs us that the infamous Saint is a playboy who’s rich in wealth, women and secrets. For those who choose to read on, we come to realize there is so much more to this mysterious mogul. 
The same can be said about the heroine, Rachel. There is so much depth to the characters that it allows for a strong connection to build between them and the reader. Even the supporting characters lend an air of mystery and charisma to the story. They pull you in without fully overtaking your attention from the main characters. 

Rachel Livingston loves her job as a journalist at Edge, but is looking for more meaty stories that she truly wants to write. With the magazine in jeopardy of staying alive, it needs a powerful story that will grab the attention of its readers and beyond. An exclusive exposé on the cities most wanted bachelor and brilliant businessman is the ticket to making a name for the magazine.

Rachel accepts the challenge and blindly walks into the lion’s den. She never could’ve imagined the hypnotic energy Malcolm Saint exudes. She couldn’t have guessed that this mystifying man would enrapture her and consume her in every way.
❝ I indulge in anything that I want. I'm not in the business of denying myself what I want. I'm not in the business of denying those around me of anything they want. I'm yours if you want me, Rachel.❞
I was hanging on every word that came out of that sinful mouth of Saint’s. This man that so many women crave, that countless men admire and respect, he’s simply the shell. No one knows who he truly is and what he holds within him. Not his assistant, nor his best friends, not even Rachel. Although she’s the closest anyone has ever gotten to seeing the complete and real Saint. 

I loved the way the author created this man with typical qualities: broken, wealthy, powerful, handsome. But then translates that whole package into someone more complex than meets the eye. Rachel had trouble staying away and restraining herself around him, and it was interesting to see him work for her after her rejections. He’s cool, calm and collected about it all. He’s persistent and so very determined that he barely bats an eye before continuing on with his mission. 
Their relationship progresses at a leisurely pace that gives way to a meaningful connection between the two. The sexual tension is at an all time high and the chemistry is so electrifying, it buzzes off the pages.

The entirety of the book I was on pins and needles waiting for Rachel’s secret to be unveiled. While I was focused on what was currently happening, that worry was always nearby poking and prodding. Beware of the cliffhanger which you may or may not be expecting. I enjoy cliffhangers and though this one leaves you aching and screaming for book two, this story gives you enough content to quench your thirst till then. 


Manwhore went above and beyond my expectations and made a lasting impact on my mind. This story is one that I’ll keep mulling over and pulling apart until I get the next book. The story calls out to every part of you; heart, soul and mind. This book is great for fans of billionaire alphas, but expect more than what you’re probably used to. This spell-binding novel is a must read of 2015!
Book Two
The New York Times bestselling author of REAL brings you the second book in a sexy new series…
Billionaire playboy? Check.
Ruthless businessman? Check.
Absolutely sinful? Check.
Malcolm Saint was an assignment. A story. A beautiful, difficult man I was supposed to uncover for a racy exposé.
I intended to reveal him, his secrets, his lifestyle—not let him reveal me. But my head was overtaken by my heart and suddenly nothing could stop me from falling. I fell for him, and I fell hard.
Malcolm Saint is absolute Sin, and I’ve become a hopeless Sinner.
Now that the assignment is over, Saint wants something from me—something unexpected—and I want this wicked playboy’s heart. But how can I prove to the man who trusts no one that I’m worthy of becoming his plus one?
Hey! I’m Katy Evans and I love family, books, life, and love. I’m married with two children and three dogs and spend my time baking, walking, writing, reading, and taking care of my family. Thank you for spending your time with me and picking up my story. I hope you had an amazing time with it, like I did. If you’d like to know more about books in progress, look me up on the Internet, I’d love to hear from you!

Website ✧ Facebook ✧ Twitter ✧ Goodreads

Comments