ARC Review: Three Years (Gypsy Brothers #5) by Lili St. Germain

TitleThree Years (Gypsy Brothers, #5)
Author: Lili St. Germain
Publication Date: July 20, 2014
Genre: Dark Romance
Synopsis
Every day for six years, I used to pray that I would find my way back to the boy I loved.Until finally, one day, I did. But that’s the funny thing about life. Nothing good ever lasts, not for me, anyway. 
You think you’re the one with the power, at least I did, but then I got careless. One tiny mistake, and now I am powerless to stop what comes next. 
People think money equals power, but all the money in my bank account, the dirty notes laundered clean that my father left for me, are useless.
Money does not equal power. Power is held by the one with the knife in his hand, tracing shallow cuts into your skin. 
Power is held by the one who owns you. 
I had power once. 
Now, I have nothing.  
❤︎Review:
What does it mean when a person is shaking in their boots at the thought of starting a novel? Is it crazy for your heart to beat incessantly before you’ve even turned on your Kindle? Is it wrong to start crying before you’ve read the first word? 

Nah! It simply means you have a Gypsy Brothers book in your pretty little hands. 

This series just doesn’t slow down one bit. And I love it! 
Lili Saint Germain proves yet again, how powerful her storytelling can be; even more so with this book than ever.

Things don’t let up for Juliette either. With every victory comes severe pain. 
The end of Four Score left me gutted and scrambling around with nerves. What the author had in store next for our kickass heroine, I did not know, but I was both excited and terrified to find out. Now as Juliette and not Sammi, she’s in the grimy, demented hands of Dornan. His attempted murder and the murder of his four dear sons has taken him on a whole new frightening path of revenge. And unfortunately for Juliette, she’s the target. 

"I'm smarter than you, better than you, more depraved than you, little girl. You ventured into my playground and now I've got you in my web."
Ain’t that the truth! If you think Dornan is evil after reading the first three books, you ain’t seen nothing yet! This man is psychotic. Like the epitome of evil. I’m convinced the devil himself wouldn’t want to get on Dornan’s bad side. 

I’ll admit I’ve cried in this series before, but this book had me sobbing for almost the entire duration. The author’s descriptive writing and potent feelings of the character had me stepping into Juliette’s shoes. There were moments where I felt her pain and desolation, I understood her hopelessness and thirst to end it all.
We see a completely different side to Juliette in this book. An unfamiliar characteristic when it comes to our resilient heroine. Dornan’s worked her over so hard that she’s ready to face his reality that she’s done for. She gets to the point where she wants to abandon her revenge and just close her eyes forever. 

“However bad you think this is going to be? It’s going to be so much worse.”
It’s a tad scary just much this author can continue to shock me. I mean that in every aspect; from the plot to the character developments, it all seems to lead in a way I would never even consider.
Each book gets grittier and better and more disturbing than the last. 
As per usual, there is so much information and action to absorb in this novella. It has a steady flow of pain for the most part, and then suddenly the script gets flipped and you’re hit with fast-paced activity. 

“There are things worse than death. And now, I know all of them”
If you’re reading this review and haven’t started the series yet, a) that’s weird, because you should probably read a review for book one b) stop everything you’re doing, buy every book in the series and read it!
This is certainly not for the faint of heart though, so beware. There is gore, rape, chaos and bloodshed, and under it all, monstrous revenge. This is a dark read with brilliant and gripping writing that will have you on both sides of the spectrum; both frightful and eager for the next installment. 


*A complimentary copy of this book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.


❤︎Rating: 5 Monster Kisses
 
Seven Sons (Gypsy Brothers, #1)
Six Brothers (Gypsy Brothers, #2)
Five Miles (Gypsy Brothers, #3)
Four Score, Gypsy Brothers, #4)
Three Years (Gypsy Brothers, #5)

Coming Soon!
6 & 7
Two Roads (Gypsy Brothers, #6)
One Love (Gypsy Brothers, #7)
   
About the Author
Print
Lili writes dark erotica and NA. Her debut serial novel, Seven Sons, was released in early 2014, with the remaining books in the series to release in quick succession. Lili quit corporate life to focus on writing and so far is loving every minute of it. Her other loves in life include her gorgeous husband, good coffee, hanging at the beach and running. She loves to read almost as much as she loves to write.
Three Years Banner

Comments