ARC Review: The Intern, Volume Two by Brooke Cumberland


Purchase Links:
Amazon US ⦙ Amazon UK ⦙ B&N

Synopsis

My cock noticed her before I did.
She came out of nowhere.
Completely unexpected.

And I let her in…unwillingly.
But she gave me no choice.
She sledgehammered my thick walls, leaving me charmed by her knowledge, and seduced by her beauty.

I was captivated.

And now…it was about to tumble down in a tsunami of lies. 
Uncertainty riveted my core as my anger spread…she was impossible to forget. 
After all, she was still my intern.

Forbidden.
Lust.
Betrayal.


I felt all of those things for her at once. But only one would destroy us.
Review

This second installment starts off with a bang! And I do mean that quite literally. 

The first book left off with Ceci hiding under Bentley’s desk after snooping around his office. After seeing her in there, his suspicion and doubts about her start to rumble around in his mind. Typical alpha Bentley, he questions her during rough, gritty sex. *drool* Brooke is always upping her game when it comes to sex scenes. This was by far one of her best ones! I’m talking wet panties in a matter of seconds. Hell, maybe even milliseconds! 

One word: FLEXIBILITY.
“She’s an addiction I never knew I wanted, a feeling of never having enough, never touching enough, never smiling enough. She made me that person. That love-sick puppy dog that craves her like my last meal. That person I swore I’d never be—that person I never wanted to be.”
Despite Bentley’s suspicion over her, their chemistry is through the roof. Seriously one of the hottest literary couples. We also see Bentley open up more. It seems like with each book that passes, his walls come down little by little. He has a hard time giving in to his feelings for Ceci, but he also knows it’s inevitable. Those feelings are too strong to suppress. 

Ceci isn’t having an easy time either. Her feelings for him keep growing and the guilt is building with each day that passes. It’s in those moments that the guilt is eating her up, that we remember she’s young and vulnerable. She always exudes confidence and can deceive as easily as breathing, so it’s easy to forget she has a lot on the line. 

The suspense in this story keeps increasing as well. Now the interest isn’t just about Ceci’s past, but also waiting for the shit to hit the fan between her and Bentley. Each little slip up had me wincing and holding my breath. 
Brooke hit it hard with that ending. I mean, talk about a cliffhanger!


*A complimentary copy of this book was provided by the author for an honest review. 

Rating: 5 Flexible Kisses


The Intern, Volume 1
Purchase Links:
Amazon US ⦙ Amazon UK ⦙ B&N

Synopsis
She’s sexy, fierce, and a loud-mouthed know-it-all…and she’s completelyoff limits. 

Cecilia isn’t your typical college student. Hell, she isn’t a college student at all, but that doesn’t stop her from applying for one of the biggest and prestigious enterprises in the Midwest.

She wants it. She takes it.
She doesn’t let anything get in her way when it comes to finding out the truth.

When Bentley Leighton, soon-to-be CEO of Leighton Enterprises, meets “Ceci,” he’s instantly impressed. He doesn’t have time to train a new intern. However, when he sees her that first day, his intentions begin to change.

He’s the boss. She’s the intern.
Nothing can happen. It’s against the company rules.

Then again, some rules were made to be broken.

What starts as innocent flirting becomes raveled up into so much more—secrets, lies, deceit.
♥︎Read my review here♥︎

The Intern, Volume 3
Synopsis
I should’ve known.
I should’ve listened to my gut.
But I didn’t.
I listened with the wrong head.
And where did it get me?

Secrets.
Lies.
Deceit.

She embodied them all. 
Deceived her way into my company.
Lied about who she was.
Kept secrets from me after convincing me I could trust her.

Those walls she tore down are back up in full force.

Cold. 
Angry. 
Unforgiving.

She was no longer my intern. 
She was no longer mine.
Watch the book trailer for THE INTERN 3 here!

About the Author

Brooke Cumberland is a USA Today Bestselling author who's a stay-at-home mom and writes full-time. She lives in the frozen tundra of Packer Nation with her husband, 3 year old wild child, and two teenage stepsons. When she's not writing, you can find her reading love stories, listening to music that inspires her, and laughing with her family. Brooke is addicted to Starbucks' Caramel Macchiatos, yoga pants, and sweets. She found her passion for telling stories during winter break one year in grad school--and she hasn't stopped since.

You can find Brooke on Facebook, Twitter, and on her website.
www.brookecumberland.com
www.facebook.com/brookecumberlandauthor
Twitter @blcumberland


Comments