ARC Review: Falling Back Together (Crashing #2) by Kristen Hope Mazzola

Title: Falling Back Together
Series: Crashing
Author: Kristen Hope Mazzola
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Purchase Links:
⦙ Amazon ⦙ Barnes & Noble ⦙

My Review:

The story begins right where Crashing Back Down left off. 

After Mags found Walker’s journal detailing every single deep and dark thought he's had including a shocking secret she panicked and fainted. After waking up in the hospital, Walker is nowhere to be found and no one has heard from him.
Arriving back home to the mess of dead daisies, she has another mini-freak out as the memory of their confrontation comes crashing back. 

On top of Mags’ situation with Walker, her best friend Cali is also smack dab in the middle of a crisis with her husband Kyle. She needs to be there for her best friend all while dealing with a mess of heartache that she’s in. 

The supporting characters were just that, supportive. I really love Cali and Mitch and the bond they all share. They’re there for one another whenever and for whatever reason, big or small. They struggle right along with Mags after figuring out Walker’s secret. Of course Mags’s dilemma is different, they can all relate to each other. She spends the entire time sorting through her feelings and then fighting for what she wants when she figures out what that is exactly. 

While I didn’t quite feel the same connection and intensity with this book like i did the first, it was still a beautiful and well-written story. This story was a roller coaster of emotions! It was truly heartbreaking to read through Mags’ conflicting thoughts. Her guilt tears at her from one side, while the other side wants Walker to hold her in his arms for the rest of their lives. She knows that she should move on, but what Walker did nags at her with force. 

“I loved that I’d had Randy for the time that I’d had him and I was so thankful that I had Walker, but I knew that these circumstances were not the ones that I would have chosen. But then it hit me. Maybe Walker was the one that I was supposed to have been with the whole time.” 

Despite loving Walker with all her heart and knowing he is who she needs to be with, it kills her to feel like she’s betraying Randy. This story was definitely bittersweet and moving. For those who started this series, I'd recommend to continue onto this book and watch these two come full circle. 

*A complimentary copy of this book was provided by the author for an honest review. This has in no way affected my review/opinion.

4 Kisses
~Book 1~
AmazonBarnes & Noble

About the Author:
You want to know more about me? Well, let's see...
I am just an average twenty-something following my dreams. I have a full time "day job" and by night I am author. I guess you could say that writing is like my super power (I always wanted one of those). I am the lover of wine, sushi, football and the ocean; that is when I am not wrapped up in the literary world. 
Please feel free to contact me to chat about my writing, books you think I'd like or just to shoot the, well you know.
A portion of all my royalties are donated to The Marcie Mazzola Foundation.

Comments