ARC Review: Revenge Vol. 2 by JJ Knight


2 down, 3 to go!
Be sure to pick up your copy of Revenge Vol. 1 & 2 if you haven't already. 
Vol. 3 is out this FRIDAY!!

Purchase Links
Synopsis

Dylan Wolf is more than just a street musician with a body and voice to die for.

He holds the key to Jess Rivera's future, and her heart.
The mystery continues to unfold in Revenge #2.


My Review:

J.J. Knight has one-up'd herself in this second installment of her Revenge series. 

After the first book, I was so taken by the two main characters. Both Dylan and Jess are intriguing in their own ways and I couldn't wait to find out more. Especially from the mysterious Dylan.

"My boss sent me to follow Dylan out of the building, and get close to him. I figured I'd give it a shot, since he's so cute. Big mistake. He might be cute, but he's already lied to me at least once. Those majestic brown eyes of his looked right into me, stole my heart, and lied to me."
We get some answers from Dylan, like more info about the mugging, but there are still plenty of unknown facts that will leave you salivating for more. He has some skeletons in his closet and a big secret is revealed at the end that left me shocked. I literally finished the book with my mouth hanging open and it stayed that way for a minute or two. 
Ladies and gentleman, this is what I call a cliffhanger!

This book showed us a bit more of Dylan. He's a man of many faces. We've seen his seductive, sweet and even gentleman-like ways. However in this book, we get to see a side that's more rough, harsh and maybe even a bit scary. Despite his rude and disturbing behavior, I still like him. I feel like there's a deeper reasoning for his actions so I'm not righting him off just yet. 

Aside from that, more secrets build and like Jess, I'm eager to find the answers. 

Another character that may have secrets of his own is Nick, Jess' co-worker. Without giving anything away I'll simply say he's closer to Jess and Dylan than they know. I do not trust him! Even though I believe he cares for Jess and is looking out for her, he has a creepy factor that has me suspicious of him and that sketchy company he works for.

What I like about Knight's writing is that she manages to deepen every character's story. Jess and Dylan are obviously the focal points in this series, but we also get a lot of info on the supporting characters like Nick and Jess' roommates. I say roommates as in plural, because the mysterious roommate we still haven't been introduced to is having me wonder what her story is all about. I'm considering the fact that perhaps she might play a bigger part in this entire story.
Her other roommate Amanda also gives away a bit of her past that possibly has to do with why she acts the way she does.

If you're wondering about the level of hotness in this book, well let me tell you! It is even steamier than the first! I'm talking "where's a fan and a glass of water" kind of hot!

"I won't tell you to relax, because you won't. So, I'm giving you permission to do whatever you need to do. You can scream, or you can cry, or you can bite me if you want. But whatever you dish out, just know that I'll give it back to you double."
Knight continues to draw me in with the slowly building character development, the secrets, and startling revelations. I'm a huge fan of cliffhangers and Knight keeps dishing them out perfectly! I can't wait until the next book!
No, really… I'm having an anxiety attack until I can get my hands on it.



*An eARC of this book was provided by the author for an honest review.


My Rating: 4.5 kisses

Stay up to date with JJ Knight





  

Comments