*YA Edition* ARC Review: Olivia Twisted by Vivi Barnes

Title: Olivia Twisted
Author: Vivi Barnes
Genre: YA Romance
Purchase Links:
Synopsis:
Olivia

He tilts my chin up so my eyes meet his, his thumb brushing lightly across my lips. I close my eyes. I know Z is trouble. I know that being with him is going to get me into trouble. I don’t care.

At least at this moment, I don’t care.


Tossed from foster home to foster home, Olivia’s seen a lot in her sixteen years. She’s hardened, sure, though mostly just wants to fly under the radar until graduation. But her natural ability with computers catches the eye of Z, a mysterious guy at her new school. Soon, Z has brought Liv into his team of hacker elite—break into a few bank accounts, and voila, he drives a motorcycle. Follow his lead, and Olivia might even be able to escape from her oppressive foster parents. As Olivia and Z grow closer, though, so does the watchful eye of Bill Sykes, Z’s boss. And he’s got bigger plans for Liv…

Z

I can picture Liv’s face: wide-eyed, trusting. Her smooth lips that taste like strawberry Fanta.

It was just a kiss. That’s all. She’s just like any other girl.

Except that she’s not.

Thanks to Z, Olivia’s about to get twisted.

❥My Review:

I really liked the idea of this retelling of Oliver Twist. The whole computer hacking aspect was my favorite part of this book.
I enjoyed the characters. Both Z and Olivia were strong and in-depth characters, but at the same time, they didn't really stand out to me.

Olivia has had a troubled life and you would expect her to have given up at this point. I was surprised at how put together she was, and that she still had positive values.
Z was the mysterious, bad boy that you don't want to like, but you just can't help swoon over. His ways are attributed to the fact that he had no one to love him as a child either. Once he meets Olivia, he starts to think that maybe the life he lives isn't the best choice.

The story revolves around Z's mission to recruit Olivia and have her join in on the cyber activities he and his housemates partake in.

The romance aspect wasn't too heavy, but you could still feel the intensity between Z and Olivia.They made a really adorable couple. They were good for each other.

The writing for me just wasn't strong enough to keep me glued to the pages. I didn't hate this story, I simply liked it.

I would recommend this to fans of YA, and enjoy retellings of classics. Perhaps this story would entertain the younger half of the young adult age group better.

*An eARC was provided by the publisher for an honest review. This has not affected my opinion or review in any way.

My Rating: 3.5 kisses

About the Author
Vivi Barnes was raised on a farm in East Texas where her theater-loving mom and cowboy dad gave her a unique perspective on life. Now living in the magic and sunshine of Orlando, Florida, she divides her time writing, working, goofing off with her husband and three kids, and avoiding dirty dishes.

Connect with Vivi:
Find her on her blogs: http://vivibarnes.com/ and http://4chicks.wordpress.com/

Find her on twitter: https://twitter.com/ViviBarnes

Find her on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/vivibarnes.au...

Check out http://www.oliviatwisted.com/ for the Olivia Twisted official trailer

Comments