Review: Live For You by Marquita Valentine


Title: Live for You (Boys of the South #1)
Author: Marquita Valentine
Genre: New Adult Romance


Purchase Links: 

Synopsis:
On the surface, twenty-two year old Cole Morgan is exactly what any girl would be proud to take home to meet her parents: He’s charming, intensely handsome and goal-oriented...Only he has some secrets of his own, which include provoking bar fights and a former drug-addict of a mother slowly wasting away in a medical facility.

At barely twenty, Violet Lynn is Country Music's hottest star, until one night of partying gets out of control. Violet ends up in jail and on TMZ. Suddenly, she’s the girl least likely to be invited anywhere. Sick of the drama and keeping secrets, she runs away from the prying eyes of the paparazzi to her grandmother’s home in Forrestville, North Carolina.

A chance meeting knocks Cole off his feet, but he doesn’t recognize Violet for who she is. In fact no one does and Violet plans to keep it that way.

Circumstances, however annoying,keep throwing Violet and Cole together. Unable to stop themselves they give into the inevitable.

But when Nashville is ready to forgive and forget, Violet is forced to choose between Cole and claiming her spot as the new and improved Princess of Country Music.

Will Violet and Cole have the courage to live for their dreams...Or their hearts?

My Rating:                               4.5 Kisses
My Review:

"Sometimes we need to break things before things break us."
I was pleasantly surprised with this book. I didn't think I would love it as much as I did. I enjoyed the start of the novel with the two different POV intro's. They were so ominous and intriguing; especially Violet's introduction. Her voice made me really want to continue on and figure her out. There were so many missing puzzle pieces that were both engaging and frustrating.

"But that wasn't what had threatened my defenses. Oh no. It was the way he held my hand, had gently pried the rock away, and kissed my palm, my wrist. He had touched me, not just my skin, but me. Inside."


The entire story and the way the characters-not just Cole and Violet/Rae-interacted with each other was absolutely fantastic. The raw intensity and angst gave way to some incredible dialogue. The story felt so real and made for an extremely enjoyable read.The only negative I have with this novel was the ending. It just ended so abruptly and in such a weird spot of the story. It didn't make sense to me to end it at that point. It certainly made me want more of the story immediately, though!


"He pulls his shirt over his head and the sarcastic reply I had dies on my lips. Hard abs, lean body and damn tattoos. His shorts ride low on his hips, exposing those identions in the sides that make smart girls stupid--or so I read on Pinterest."
If my review doesn't convince you to read this book, then that quote describing Cole should do the trick! ;P

*An ecopy of this book was provided by the author for an honest review.

Comments