Blog Tour: Promise Me Light (Promise Me #2) by Paige Weaver


Title: Promise Me Light
Author: Paige Weaver
Series: Promise Me
Genre: Contemporary and Suspense Romance
Age Group: New Adult/Adult
Tour organized by: AToMR Tours; http://atomrbookblogtours.com
Purchase Links:

Synopsis:
The epic conclusion of New York Times bestselling book “Promise Me Darkness”

"I'm darkness, Maddie. Stay away from men like me. You'll only get hurt."



At one time my life was simple. Easy. But that was before the war. Now I was no longer an average college student. I was a survivor. A woman living in a ravaged world. My future was not bright and my life was far from perfect. The war had taken so much from me… but it wasn’t finished yet. It wanted more.

It wanted my heart. My soul. The one person I couldn’t live without.

It wanted Ryder Delaney. My best friend. The bad boy. The one person who could fight like no other and love me like no one else. I watched him walk away one hot summer day and I prayed he would return. I needed him like I needed air to breathe and water to drink. Without him I was lost. A light without her darkness.

Until he returns, I’ll wait for him. And I believe he will return because love is powerful…

And so is the light calling him home.

My Review:

"Somebody once said that when darkness fell, we would be shown the light. I wasn't sure that was true. Darkness had descended on my world and all I saw was despair. The United States was fighting a war on its own soil. Society was crumbling. Millions were starving. Thousands were dying. For me the days were dark. I was no longer a carefree college student. I was now a survivor. A fighter. A woman lost in grief."

The story begins two weeks after book 1 (Promise Me Darkness) ended.
The beginning is most definitely not optimistic. But after what Maddy has been through, that's understandable. Maddy is grieving in the absence of Ryder, her now fiancé. We quickly learn what happened to him, and that there was no way to help him. I knew eventually everyone would get a happy ending (because I don't believe Paige Weaver is evil), but I still cried and felt my heart being ripped out when I read about Ryder.

"Be strong. For me." I squeezed my eyes shut as the words forced themselves into my brain again. I didn't want to be strong. I wanted to crawl beneath the covers and never emerge. I wanted to dissolve into the floor and disappear. Like a leaf falling into a fast moving river, I wanted to float away. But there was one thing keeping me from sinking under the dark waters. My unborn child."

I felt for Maddy, and I hoped that she would be strong enough to live on without Ryder. I figured, she has an unborn baby to take care of, so she's going to stop being stubborn and live cautiously now. WRONG!!! She continued to demand that she have her way. She was always doing ridiculously, dangerous things, and she never once gave the impression of being concerned about the baby growing inside of her when she was making certain decisions. She seemed more interested in getting Ryder back, than safely carrying her baby to term. That was the only thing that disappointed me about Maddy.
Maddy and Ryder's relationship is like no other. Those two need each other like they need to breath. You know the phrase "I can't live without you"? We're not supposed to take that literally, but in Maddy's case, it's as literal as it can get. Instead, she walks around simply "surviving".
We get a lot of flashbacks in this book; a month prior and childhood and teen moments. I loved this being included in the story, because we get to see Maddy and Ryder's early interactions. We're able to see the subtle hints of their blossoming love. Even though neither of them really knew what was there between them.

So do you remember how book 1 was all hot and steamy??
Muahahahaha! You ain't seen nothing yet!
Take that and multiply it by like a bajillion trillion.
The sexy times are ridiculously hot. But it's not just lustful sex; the passion and romance is beyond evident in the scenes.
"Feel how much I need you, Maddie," he said, keeping his hand over mine. "Every time I am around you. Every time I think about you, this is what happens. It's yours. Take it."
Umm.. you can guess what he's talking about, right? I can tell you this much, he is NOT talking about his heart! ;) I got chills (among other sensations), even as I re-typed what he said.

The characters in this series are all so freaking fantastic. I don't think I've ever loved every single character in a book before. Gavin, Brody, Cash, and even Mr and Mrs Delaney were all such great secondary characters. I felt like each of them had a story to tell. They all had such depth to them, which is difficult to accomplish.
Paige, if you're reading this, I think I speak for every reader when I say we wouldn't mind more books with their POV's… ;)

Everything about this book was perfection. The timing and description of events made me feel like I was in the story, trying to stay alive with all of them. The plot was intense and dark with the occasional sexy. Promise Me Light is full of drama and suspense that will keep you guessing.
I tweeted this right after I finished book 1, but it needs to be said again. This book NEEDS to be made into a show. It has so much substance that I think it could really intrigue a wide audience and keep people hooked week after week.
This a book that will make you forget what sleep is.
I read this book in a day. Yes, one day! Sure, I had bags under my eyes and couldn't form proper sentences the next day… but it was SO worth it!

*An eARC of this book was provided by the author for an honest review. This has not affected my opinion or review.

My Rating:                                5 Kisses

About the Author

Paige Weaver’s first passion has always been reading. Many hours were spent getting lost in love stories and adventures. That turned into a love for writing at a young age. She wrote her first book when she was a teenager and hasn’t stopped since. Thanks to pressure from family and friends, she finally decided to take the leap and self-publish. Her first book ‘Promise Me Darkness’ became a New York Times and USA Today Best Seller within a month after being released.

A native Texan who still resides in the town where she was born, Paige lives with her husband and two children. When she's not writing or reading, you can find her chasing her kids around and living her very own happily ever-after story.

Author Social Media Links:



~Giveaway~
a Rafflecopter giveaway

To see other stops on the tour for reviews, guest posts, and excerpts click here or the tour button below.


Comments