Blog Tour: Just One Reason by Kirsten DeMuzio


Title:  Just One Reason
Author:  Kirsten DeMuzio
Genre:  New Adult Romance/Contemporary Romance 18+
Publication Date:  July 19, 2013
Event organized by: Literati Author Services, Inc.

Synopsis:
As teenagers, Lindsay and Grady found a love together that few people are lucky enough to ever experience.
When Lindsay Ross decided to visit her aunt for the summer in a small lake town in New York, she didn’t expect anything other than an escape from her demanding parents.  She certainly didn’t expect Grady Hawke.  At the end of the summer, Lindsay and Grady made plans for their future and vowed to be together forever.  Back in New York City, events beyond her control forced Lindsay to turn her back on Grady and their love.
Grady has spent the last five years trying to forget the one girl who broke his heart.  But when Lindsay arrives back in town unannounced, will Grady get to know the woman she has become and find out the real reason she left him all those years ago?  Or will he push her away for good?


Purchase Links:
Amazon US | Amazon UK | Smashwords | Barnes & Noble | Kobo

My Rating:
My Review:


While the first book in this series was romantic and all about falling in love, Just One Reason is a bit heavier. It deals with heartbreak and repairing the love between two people.


Lindsay Ross needs to reinvent herself and the way to do that is to leave the city and escape to her aunt's house in a small New York town. But now she has to deal with Grady. Her first and only love. The one person that makes her feel whole. The guy she dumped via email 5 years ago.

The love that Grady and Lindsay share is rare. It's the true love kind that few find at a young age. The way their story was written was so believable. It could have easily came off as cheesy and unrealistic. Yet, as I read their interactions as teenagers and then later on as adults, I had no doubts about how powerful their connection was. Both characters were written very well. They both depended on each other, but were still able to keep their individuality. 
"I don't know. Maybe. He's who I compare everyone to, and nobody else even comes close. Not even Cam. I know I've been kind of a slut, but I've just been desperate to find that love with someone else."
Even though both of them have been with other people, they were never really present in those relationships/hookups, because they never stopped loving one another. When a hot shot actor shows an interest in Lindsay and goes as far as to wine and dine her, she isn't phased in the least. She only has eyes for Grady and vice versa. 

Lindsay is one strong woman! The reasoning for ending it with Grady is so heartbreaking. She had to deal with so much all by herself as a 16 year old. I loved Lindsay from book 1, but the Lindsay in this book is someone else entirely. There's so much depth to her character. You're able to see just how much she's suffering under the mask that she puts on. After reading why she broke up with Grady, I wanted her to have her happily ever after a.s.a.p. That and tear her mother a new one.

Grady is angry as hell when he finds out that the girl who pureed his heart is back in town. He wants nothing more than to cause her pain, despite how much he still loves her. There was so much tension between them throughout the book. It was sad to read but very hot at the same time. They kept building sexual tension as they chipped away at their hate for one another.


Grady and Lindsay's story is a tale of loss and hope. It takes a while to get to it, but rest assured there is a happily ever after for these two. For those who read book one, Safe With You, Taryn and Wyatt make an appearance in this book. I loved that we not only heard Lindsay's point of view, but Grady's as well. I think it was necessary to read his POV to understand how much he was breaking since she left him.

I couldn't put this book down. I was so invested in these two and I believed so much in their love, that I had to power through to find out their outcome.
Although this book can be read as a stand alone, I still recommend reading Safe With You first. 

*An ecopy of this book was provided by the author for an honest review. This has not affected my opinion of the book or review.


About the Author:  I am an author of new adult and contemporary romance novels.  My husband and I live in Columbus, Ohio with our two young daughters and happy golden retriever.  When I’m not spending time with my family, I can be found doing one of my other favorite activities - writing, reading and napping. 

Connect with Kirsten:  Facebook | Blog | Goodreads | Pinterest
$25 Amazon Gift Card and Five (5) ebook copies of Just One Reason ~ Open Internationally

a Rafflecopter giveaway





Go here to see the tour schedule 

Comments