Review: The Domino Effect by Jill Elaine Hughes

This book was picked up by Ellora's Cave and is in the process of being reformatted. It is currently not on sale but will be re-released soon. Keep a look out for it!
The story is still the same, so I thought I would post up my review and hopefully interest new readers.
Title: The Domino Effect
Author: Jill Elaine Hughes
Genre: New Adult Erotic Romance
Release Date: TBA

My Review:
Okay, here's the deal. I've seen countless posts where fans of NA say that they're over the whole innocent virgin thing. I'm right there with them; there is a lot of the same, twenty something shy, virgin/damsel in distress, going on in New Adult books. Although I don't mind the fact that the heroine's are virgins, I do care that they all seem absolutely clueless about sex. That is just not realistic at all. Sure it's possible, but not as common as it comes across. 

That is one of the biggest reasons why I liked this book. Nancy might be a 21 year old virgin but she is most definitely not clueless.. She's kind of dirty minded! She has fantasies, including those of the kinky nature. Even towards the end, when she finds herself in a dangerous predicament, she doesn't sit around and wait for someone to rescue her. She adapts and cleverly plans an escape.

The scene in where she loses her virginity was probably my favorite because it proves that you can be a virgin but still have that wild, animalistic side. 
She's not a helpless little girl. She's tough! Girl has got some balls! 

"This is why people tied each other up in bed. This was why my body begged for restraints from the very first second Peter Rostovich ever laid eyes on me, and I him. He hadn't slapped those cable ties on me to frighten me, or as part of a self-important art installation, or just because he was a pompous ass. He'd done it because he'd known instinctively it was what I want and needed. He'd given me what I wanted and needed before I understood exactly what that was. He knew better than I knew myself."
Nancy Delaney is a third year college student, pursuing a career in journalism. She meets artist, Peter Rostovich, who rocks her world in more ways than one. 
Although Peter certainly set off quite a few CREEPER ALERT! signals, I must admit there was still that intrigue and quality about him that made you want more. Being written from Nancy's point of view, we know just as little as she does about him. 

There were so many elements to this novel. There was romance, mystery, and suspense. There were times where it got a little confusing but the rest was so enthralling that I didn't really mind.
Whether I was wondering what the mystery behind Peter was or what move he was going to make in bed next, I was on the edge of my seat!



The only thing that really frustrated me?....

Can you say CLIFFHANGER!?!?

Just when the action really started to ensue, it ends! I was left aching for more. Then I saw there were a few pages of the next book at the end. Because I was thirsty for more, I read on. Not sure if that was a smart choice though, because it didn't satiate me. It instead made me crave more. I'm eagerly awaiting the release of the next book.

*An ecopy of this book was provided by the author for an honest review. This has not affected my review or rating.

Comments