Fifty Shades of Grey Casting News

Charlie Hunnam as Christian Grey
Dakota Johnson as Anastasia Steele






















This morning EL James announced the casting for Christian and Ana in the Fifty Shades of Grey film adaptation of her trilogy. 
~My Thoughts~
I never really heard these two were in the mix until recently. I’m really shocked by the fact that Charlie Hunnam actually said yes to this role but I’m loving it! I love him so I’m sold! Dakota Johnson is a little lesser known than Charlie but I have seen her in a few movies. Because she hasn’t had the lead role before, I’m not to sure if she’ll be able to channel Anastasia but I'm interested to see how she portrays her. However, I’ve seen just about everything that Charlie has been in and I have no doubt that he can pull of the kinky, yet damaged Christian Grey. Everyone knows him from either Pacific Rim or Sons of Anarchy, but believe it or not, he’s done other things too! 
Overall, I’m just happy (and a little shocked) that someone actually was brave enough to say yes to these roles. Especially Charlie Hunnam! This is a risky career move for him. Well let’s be honest, it’s a risque & risky move in general!
I most certainly didn’t see these two in my mind while I read the books but I’m not one to go batshit crazy when casting doesn’t go my way. I understand the way the film industry works and that’s a big reason why I don’t get butt hurt. People have to keep in mind that their favorite actors may not want to be a part of a film/show. Or even though they might be interested in it, they have commitments with other projects already. There are so many factors that go into the casting decisions and I think people just need to gather round and sing Kumbaya. 
~Who Would I Cast?~
Well in case you don't know, I basically cast Max Irons in my mind for every character. So even though I think Cavill, Bomer, and Somerhalder were all finer choices, in my mind Max is doing some kinky fuckery 24/7. As for Anastasia, I was always weirded out by the thought of Rory Gilmore (Alexis Bledel) doing that stuff so I never wanted her to accept the role. I would have loved Felicity Jones to play Ana instead.

~Who Would You Cast?~
Now then, I want to hear who your dream lead roles would be. If you were in charge of casting and everything went your way, who would you cast as Anastasia and Christian?


Comments